We want all our customers to enjoy the interactive nature of this product and the sense of community which interactive poker uniquely fosters. We also take every effort to ensure the experience is fun and not spoiled by cheating or bad behaviour.
We therefore ask all players to agree to certain rules and standards of behaviour and to accept responsibility for their own actions and that disputes or concerns about the operation of the product or cheating will be resolved by the Poker Room management.
Some of the areas where you as a customer can help in this are identified elsewhere. Here we set out the key terms and conditions, which you are asked, to accept when you install the Poker Room client.
POKER ROOM TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE PARTICIPATION AND PLAY
These terms and conditions set out the terms which exist between a customer of the Poker Room (herein a 'Player') and Silver Sands Poker ('Poker Room'). References to the 'Poker Room' are references to Silver Sands Poker, and its management team and partners. In addition to accepting these Terms and Conditions, players acknowledge and agree to be bound by the House Rules and Game Rules of the Poker Room as amended from time to time by the Poker Room.
1. Players acknowledge that the Games may be played 'for free' or 'for real money'. Subject to the powers of the Poker Room to restrict or refuse participation in the Games or to withdraw or suspend Games, participation in the Games is at the option, discretion and risk of the Player. By participating in 'real-money' Games, the Player acknowledges and confirms that it is legal to do so in accordance with the laws of the Player's jurisdiction and that he or she accepts that the Poker Room is unable to provide any warranties as to the legality or otherwise of his or her participation in 'real-money' play at the Poker Room.
2. Any controversy or dispute among any Players or between one or more Players and the Poker Room shall be settled by the Poker Room whose decision shall be final and binding in all respects. The Poker Room requires that all controversies or disputes be reported by email.
3. The Poker Room reserves the right to suspend or withdraw any Game in its absolute discretion and/or to add further Games from time to time. The Poker Room also reserves the right to amend the House Rules and/or the basis of play of any Game or relevant Game Rules at any time. In case of any such action, Players will be notified promptly by notice posted on the 'What's New' section of the Poker Room site. In the event of the cancellation of any Game for any reason, the Poker Room will not be liable.
4. Players are solely responsible for the security of their account information and password(s). Should a Player inadvertently disclose his or her password to another person, the Player agrees to contact the Poker Room immediately to modify the password. Players are responsible for any unauthorized use of their account and/or password. In the event that a third party places a bet or is thought to have placed a bet wager or stake, such bet wager or stake shall be valid, whether or not the alleged third party had the prior consent or knowledge of the Player or has misappropriated account and password information of the Player. Under no circumstances will any bet wager or stake be cancelled for that reason.
5. Any Player found using multiple browsers or found attempting to manipulate or ascertain information concerning the Game software code or involved in collusion, will forfeit all money and be deactivated as a Player. All wagers must be placed through the user interface provided on the Poker Room. Any wagering through other means, including the use of a 'robot' player, is strictly forbidden. The Poker Room reserves the right to prohibit Players from playing in a particular Game, including restricting two or more Players from playing together at the same Game.
6. If a Player had chips at a table during a server crash, the Game will be cancelled and all chips at the table and in play will be returned to the Player's account. In those and all other circumstances, the Poker Room, its affiliates, agents and licensors shall not be liable for any loss resulting from delays or interruptions to play due to failure breakdown malfunction or interruption of electronic or mechanical equipment, telephone internet connection or other communications facilities or to storms, strikes, walkouts or other causes over which they have no direct control or to loss resulting from erroneous statements or to errors in transmission ("force majeure"). The Poker Room will at all times use reasonable endeavours to overcome any event of such force majeure so far as it can, but does not guarantee its ability to do so.
7. Laws regarding gaming vary throughout the world and Players specifically acknowledge that it is the responsibility of all Players to ensure that they understand and fully comply with any laws or regulations applicable in their own country or state. Players must be at least the age of legal majority or (if higher) over any specified age threshold required to participate in online gaming in or from the jurisdiction in which they reside.
8. Each Player agrees to hold the Poker Room, its employees, officers, directors, licensees, licensors, affiliates and subsidiaries harmless and further agrees to fully indemnify each and all of them from any and all costs, expenses, liabilities and damages whatsoever that may arise as a result of the Player's (a) entry, use or reuse of the Poker Room, (b) use of any materials at the Poker Room. (c) participation in any of the Games, or (d) acceptance of any cash payoff.
9. The Poker Room beyond sharing of data with partners, for internal use only will not divulge personal identity and details of Players. The Poker Room will not sell Player information. The Poker Room will not disclose details of any net winnings or losses, except for accounting and record-keeping purposes. It is the responsibility of each Player to declare to any appropriate authority his or her net winnings or losses, including if the Player resides in a jurisdiction where winnings are taxable, to keep track of these winnings and report them to the proper authorities.
10. Players must comply with "table stakes" rules as set out by the Poker Room from time to time, In particular, a Player is not permitted to make a wager in excess of the value of chips on the table at the beginning of a hand, Players are permitted to acquire additional chips only between hands. If a Player runs out of chips during a hand, they are considered all-in. Players may not remove money from the table during a playing session. Taking money out of the game and continuing to play is not allowed in a table stakes format.
11. Abusive or offensive language or other behaviour considered inappropriate by the Poker Room in the context of the product will not be tolerated. Bad behaviour or language identified by the Poker Room or brought to its attention will be dealt with swiftly and may result in a suspension or loss of playing privileges or such other action as may be decided by the Poker Room.
12. No Player may open more than one real money or play money account. Management will consider this a very serious issue and in its sole discretion may elect to suspend, terminate or freeze the funds in these accounts. No exceptions will be permitted.
13. If you are totally dissatisfied with the service you have received, we will consider your case and refund/return/cancel your purchase so long as your reason is valid. To apply for a refund e-mail us on email@example.com
14. We are committed to providing our customers with an enjoyable poker experience in a safe and secure environment and we operate security procedures and checks to protect our customers and our site from fraud and collusion. Occasionally, as part of this process, we will wish to make checks on accounts and plays in the game(s) and this may result in suspension of use of accounts while these checks are carried out. To facilitate these security checks, you agree to provide such identification or other information or documentation as the Company, in its unfettered discretion, deems necessary. If you fail to comply with any security request, Company reserves the right to void your Account. You will be notified of such verification request by electronic mail and Account Balances will be forfeited if you do not sign and return any required affidavit of identity and eligibility, release of liability and/or publicity authorization. We believe it is in the best interests of customers and ourselves that we operate this process and it is a condition of participation that all our customers acknowledge this and cooperate with us in this respect.
15. FORFEITURE, ACCOUNT CLOSURE AND CONFISCATION.
The Company reserves the right to cancel your account for any reason whatsoever at any time without notice to you. Company reserves the right, in its unfettered discretion, to void any winnings and confiscate any balance in your account in any of the following circumstances:
16.1 If you have more than one active account at Silver Sands Poker.
16.2 If the name on your account registration does not match the name on the credit card(s) or other payment accounts used to make purchases at Silver Sands Poker.
16.3 If you provide incorrect or misleading registration information.
16.4 If you are not of legal age.
16.5 Malicious behaviour e.g. deliberately slowing down a game or being abusive towards players or staff.
16.6 If you connect from a jurisdiction where participation in the games is prohibited by law.
16.7 If you have not played at Silver Sands Poker on an individual basis for personal entertainment only (that is. you have played in concert with other player(s) as part of a club, group, etc.
16.8 If you have "charged back" or denied any of the purchases or deposits that you have made to your account.
16.9 If you are found cheating or if it is determined by Company that you have employed or made use of a system (including machines. computers, software or other automated systems) designed specifically to defeat the system.
16.10 If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement or
16.11 If Company should become aware that you have played at any other online gaming site under any of the circumstances set out at 16.1 to 16.10 above.
16.12 If your account is linked by IP Address or Computer Mac Address to any account that failed to comply with ANY articles mentioned above these lines.
17. Players cannot play in the Poker Room under any circumstances if they are not at least 18 years of age or of any higher age required in their own jurisdiction. Proof of age and other evidence of identity may be sought from Players at the opening of any account or thereafter. Persons under the required age may not play.
18. The Poker Room does not support private deals between players in tournament, nor will the Poker Room assist in facilitating these deals or be liable in any way for broken deals or transactions not honoured by one of the parties.
19. Players are asked to refrain from table talk or "coffee-housing" or talking during a hand in a way that compromises an opponent's hand, this includes deliberately "timing down" a hand that affects the game play for others. This applies to players playing in the hand or watching the hand. Repeated abuse of this aspect of behaviour will result in suspension or permanent restriction of play.
20. Malfunctions void all pays and plays.
The company defines money laundering as any act or attempt to disguise the source of money or assets derived from criminal activity. Money laundering is a criminal offence. the company is committed to preventing the use of its entertainment services for money-laundering purposes, by establishing policies and processes to ensure that only legitimate clients may use the services provided by the company.
Staff are trained to recognize and react appropriately to unusual or potential money-laundering activity and understand their legal obligations to report activity and transactions, and appropriate records of client information and transactions are retained.
The company will work to prevent money laundering and the financing of terrorism (hereinafter referred to as "Money Laundering") by implementing the following policies.
The company recognizes the importance of preventing money laundering, and therefore will comply with international and domestic laws and establish appropriate policies.
The company will stipulate roles and internal controls within the systems under its control.
The company will implement and maintain appropriate measures to conduct customer identification.
Management will train employees in matters related to the prevention of money laundering so that employees can implement immediate and appropriate measures for customer identification.
CONFIRMATION OF MEASURES FOR FREEZING ACCOUNTS
The company will implement and maintain measures to confirm accounts which are frozen in relation to terrorist activities.
The company will train employees in matters related to the prevention of money laundering so that employees can implement immediate and appropriate measures for confirming accounts frozen in relation to terrorist activities.
REPORTING OF SUSPICIOUS TRANSACTIONS
The company will implement and maintain measures for handling suspicious transactions.
Any money laundering activity will be reported to te relevant authorities in accordance with FATF 40, including suspicious transaction reports.
The company will implement immediate and appropriate measures for handling suspicious transactions. the company will train employees in matters related to the prevention of money laundering so that employees can implement immediate and appropriate measures for handling suspicious transactions.
The company will check the adequacy of the Anti–Money Laundering Policy and compliance with the Policy, and continuously improve internal controls based on the outcomes of these checks.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
The company will endeavour to comply to all laws and policies against money laundering, fraud or other criminal activities, and terrorism.
The company is developing various solutions to assist in complying with the reporting obligations including the development and rollout of a suspicious activity reporting system and large cash reporting system for all staff. All clients in our client databases are subject to detailed analysis to ensure that accurate and correct details have been provided. All transactions are inspected on an hourly basis for evidence of fraud and/or money laundering, and appropriate steps will be taken to ensure that all suspicious activity is recorded and brought to an end.